Monday, March 11, 2013

Notes on New Literacy

1. What am I learning about the new literacy I am researching?

The new literacy I am researching is emotional literacy. I have learned that emotional literacy has a lot to do with whether or not someone is able to describe how they feel and if they understand how others are feeling. When relating this to my future students, I think it is important to be emotionally literate because understanding how other people are feeling and being able to empathize with them is important. I have also learned that emotional literacy involves being able to manage emotions. I also think that this is an important quality to learn to have because as humans we all experience many emotions and it is important to know how to handle and manage them. 

2. What am I learning about how my digital literacy is developing as I use a new technology to create my product?

My digital literacy is Edmodo.com. I have learned that this is a great way for all students/parents/teacher to interact with each other. By exploring Edmodo.com I have learned that this digital literacy can go along with emotional literacy. This website can provide students a place to share how they are feeling in a comfortable way. As the teacher, I can control who can see what posts, which makes it a private comfortable space. In addition, Edmodo.com is very organized and includes a planner so the students can see exactly where they are supposed to be in their learning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment