1) What am I learning about the new literacy I am researching?
I am studying visual literacy learning and through visual literacy learning students will learn how to see and comprehend through pictures. We are going to be using a picture story made by the students, using Kerpoof.com. The students will then work with a partner to see if the partner can tell what the author (first student) is trying to say with their story. This is visual literacy. A lot of the other definitions I have read by others shares this common theme.
As I am learning more about this new literacy I am seeing the many different ways for students to learn visually. Students can make their own movies on the website we are using. They can create their own stories and pictures as well. It is a really good technology for students to learn from.
For my students in my placement, they would really have to just explore websites like Kerpoof before using them. It may be challenging for the students before actually creating their own stories. Visual learning websites need practice because there is so many features.
2) What am I learning about how my digital literacy is developing as I use a new technology to create my product?
The website Kerpoof we are using is great for teaching. It can show students how a story can be created through their own interaction. Using pictures is especially helpful for students because they can see the story visually before actually reading about it. This is great for ELL students as well. Seeing is universal. Using the create-a-story feature on Kerpoof will show that visually learning is fun and exciting. This project will be great for the students and me as a future teacher. This website isn't just good for this project, it's good for future lessons on literacy or other subjects.
No comments:
Post a Comment