Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cornfield Reading Lesson Overview

In order to select students for my reading lessons I asked my mentor teacher who she would like me to work with. She told me it would be best to work with two students on their fluency, and a different two students on their comprehension. I know these areas are appropriate for my target students because my mentor teacher does literacy testing on them and knows who is struggling with what. The two students who are struggling with comprehension are not able to answer questions about the text after they read it. My mentor teacher says during comprehension activities she spends more time helping them, I have also noticed the same thing when I am in the classroom. The other two students I will be working with need more work on their fluency. My mentor teacher says they can identify words but struggle to read at a faster pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment